Sunday, February 28, 2010

Psalms 121

I have this tradition with Bible verses. I normally read a book of the Bible pretty much based on what I think would be interesting to read. I also normally have a verse that I read every day. I pick the verse based on whatever problem I am having. Last year, I had a really grumpy time... pretty much everything that happened made me want to either cry or scream at someone. Lovely, right? My verse was one about being satisfied with what you have. It helped me so much.

If you think I'm completely okay with this trip, not nervous at all, you're crazy. Most of the time, I'm not nervous. But sometimes, at weird times, I get so nervous I'm almost sick to my stomach. Whenever that happens, I read this chapter of Psalms...

I raise my eyes toward the mountains,
Where will my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.


He will not allow your foot to slip;
your Protector will not slumber.
Indeed, the Protector of Israel does not slumber or sleep.


The Lord protects you;
the Lord is a shelter right by your side.
The sun will not strike you by day,
or the moon by night.


The Lord will protect you from all harm;
He will protect your life.
The Lord will protect your coming and going
both now and forever.

I wonder how many times I'll be reading this tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Vai com Deus amiguinha, Ele sempre te protegerá! Estaremos orando por ti todos os dias!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bronwyn, this is one of my favorite verses! I keep it everywhere: in my notebook, inside the front cover of my Bible, on my phone, as my signature in my email. I just love it, and there have been many days that it has helped put things in perspective. Enjoy your trip, I know that the people there will greatly benefit from you.
    -Laura (Sledge) Ratliff

    ReplyDelete