Thursday, April 22, 2010

Oh yeah... I have a blog.

Oops. I kind of forgot I had a blog. Don't worry Dad, I checked my roots today. No blonde. 

I don't really have anything super duper exciting to tell you guys. When I left this morning for preschool, I figured I would just tell all about my day at preschool. I picked an "exciting" (?) day. I just got back and it seems like the last time I was home was about 2 days ago. Fun, huh? 

It started out like normal. All the kids were in an assembly type thing singing and dancing before class. I've been in Claudine's class for the last few days and I'm really happy about that. After about an hour, the kids started coming up to the board and practicing their writing. As we were paying attention to the kids writing, on girl runs out of the room. Claudine went to see what was wrong with her. 

She discovered a large pool of diarrhea all over the bathroom floor. I didn't know about this, so all of a sudden I was with 30 4 year olds trying to figure out what to do. About 3 seconds (LITERALLY) after Claudine left, another girl puked all over her chair, the floor and herself. Good times.

So here I am, with 30 kids who don't understand a word that I say (and vice-versa) trying to tell them to be quiet while I took the girl to the bathroom. I ran her to the bathroom and left her with Claudine (who was already giving the other a girl a shower). I went back to the classroom and cleaned up the puke. Then I still had another 30 minutes of entertaining them while Claudine cleaned up the 2 girls. 

After she was done cleaning up, it was already time for porridge. While we were fixing their porridge, two boys were being really really bad so she had to put one of them in the front of the room by himself. Porridge time went okay. No more vomiting or anything. We started to clean up all the porridge stuff in the hall. Suddenly we hear lots of yelling from in the room. We both went in and discover that the boy who was in the front of the room had grabbed a stick and was beating the other kids. He (obviously) got in trouble. 

The rest of the morning went okay. When it was time for the final assembly, I was pretty happy and ready to go home. As we're saying the final prayer, 2 boys pee all over the floor. Just to top off the day. 

Let me tell you that my days at the preschool are never like this. At times they can get really tiring or seem to go on forever. But nothing like this ever happens. At the end of the day, Claudine looked at me and said "When you get back to your home, please remember to pray for us. We have a hard job." Believe me, I know. Please pray for all the teachers today. I'm sure they're all tired from our day.

No comments:

Post a Comment