Sunday, April 18, 2010

Mountain Gorillas

Man, this is another hard one. I have 150 pictures of the gorillas. I with I could show you all of them.

We started by getting ready. Marty told us to wear comfy clothes, hiking boots, gators and carry a walking stick and a backpack full of food. I thought it was a little too much. It wasn't. It was perfect. I was so glad for everything I had. Thanks Marty!

We met up close to our hotel and decided which group we wanted to see. We decided on the Susa group.It is the hardest hike and most of the time the longest. We were so lucky. We only had to hike 2 hours uphill to find them. It was hard but so worth it.

At first, I have to admit I was a little disappointed. We kept on walking all over just to find one gorilla alone. We had tons of pictures like this. If you squint your eyes really hard, you might be able to see the gorillas.
At last, we got to this clearing in the forest. It was so beautiful. There were probably 15 gorillas. Really cool! Here are some of the best pictures I got.
Look at all the cute babies!
How many can you find?
This one's called Silverback number 1 or The Big Boss.
He's holding his right foot with his left hand. So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment