Friday, April 9, 2010

Claudine

Last Saturday, I went to Claudine's house again. Her sister was home from school and she wanted me to meet her.
From right to left: Claudine, her sister Anestera and her mom (I think I remember her telling me one time her mom's name is Marie).

Anestera came to the Koonce house on Monday to practice her English. I think she will come a few more times before the break is over.

Their house is right behind them in the picture. It is small. It only has a kitchen, 2 bedrooms and a living room. I didn't see any lights. They live in a strip of houses just like theirs. Theirs is in the middle. Their garden is beautiful. They grow corn, raspberries, papaya and avocados. It's big and very beautiful.

Just a little side note - When I got there, she offered me tea. Rwandans drink just kind of a plain black tea. I said yes. She brought me milk. Some people like to drink tea made with milk instead of water. But this was just milk. Milk and sugar. Dad, remember how I told you the milk tasted like a cow? I drank all of it. Aren't you proud of me?

No comments:

Post a Comment