Thursday, May 27, 2010

Claudine

I feel so lucky to have met Claudine. She and her mom helped me so so much. I went to her house I think 4 times. One time she took me to the market. Even though she didn't let me buy anything, it was so much fun and so different! Another time, her mom made me lunch. I helped her sister with her English. She told me about her family. Her mom treated me like I was her special daughter and would talk to me in Kinyarwandan every single time I went there. She's the reason I know (or knew... it's getting harder to remember) how to say "I'm very happy". They would make me feel special and loved when I was having "I miss my family" days. They would give me gifts and not expect anything from me. Every time I would go to her house, she would walk me home. That was almost the only place I could go by myself without getting lost. Of all the Rwandans I met, they're the ones I miss the most. I really hope we will see each other again.

No comments:

Post a Comment