Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Favorite Song

Sorry it's been so long since I've blogged. I'm lazy. Dad showed me today a post his friend left on our family blog. This is what the post said:

Hi Kevin and Benay

Just wanted to share about a New Zealand christian singer called Brooke Fraser, she is beautiful inside and out and her voice is wonderful. She does a lot of work in Rwanda, and you can find her music and a couple of interviews on youtube, about her time there. I thought Bronwyn might like it :)

Hope all is well

Roberta in NZ

So I decided I needed to go right then to check out her songs. It may or may not be because I was supposed to be studying for the ACT. Just saying. I now have a new favorite singer and favorite song. I love her voice and her songs. She seems like she has the same feelings I do about things (from the 2 or 3 songs I have listened to so far). Here is my new favorite song. I'm going to put the lyrics on the bottom. Please oh please read them. They are so special.




I am sitting still
I think of Angelique
Her mothers voice over me
And the bullets in the wall where it fell silent
And on a thousandth hill, I think of Albertine
There in her eyes what I don't see
With my own.....

Rwanda
Now that I have seen, I am responsible
Faith without deeds is dead
Now that I have held you in my own arms
I cannot let go till you are....

And I am on a plane across a distant sea
But I carry you in me
And the dust on, the dust on, the dust on, the dust on, the dust on my feet....

Rwanda
Now that I have seen, I am responsible
Faith without deeds is dead
Now that I have held you in my own arms
I cannot let go till you are....

I will tell the world, I will tell them where I've been
I will keep my word
I will tell them Albertine

Rwanda
Now that I have seen, I am responsible
Faith without deeds is dead
Now that I have held you in my own arms
I cannot let go till you are....

And I am on a stage, a thousand eyes on me
I will tell them Albertine
I will tell them Albertine

Thank you so much Roberta!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Bronwyn,

    You are welcome :) I am glad you liked it, just thought you would like to hear from someone that "been there" and what her experience was in Rwanda. You can find an interview she gave for a NZ program called sunday, just youtube her name and you will be able to find it. She is my favorite singer too, and she sings for Hillsong in Australia as well, if you wanna check it out ;)

    Blessings

    Roberta in NZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome song, Bronwyn! We have some gret frids that are getting ready to move to Rwanda. They have lived in the Ivory Coast area for the past 10 years.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete